We had bought a bag of Hershey’s Peanut Butter baking pieces awhile back but never really did anything with it. It was Brian who actually wanted to make cookies with it…or maybe he just wanted to eat the pieces. So anyway, I figured I was in the baking mood so I decided to try the recipe out. It turned out great! I think I still like AB’s Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies though…but then chocolate chip cookies will always be number one in my heart. The texture of these cookies were a bit crisper…I like mine more chewy. Oh, don’t get me wrong, they were still yummy and Brian polished off a whole plate!
Hershey’s Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Cookies from Hershey’s
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) REESE’S Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces Filled with Peanut Butter Creme
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Beat butter and shortening in large bowl until well blended. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat thoroughly. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in baking pieces. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
CHOCOLATE COOKIE VARIATION: Decrease flour to 1 cup; add 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa or HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa.